Saturday, February 19, 2011

I don't care what you say, I'm rooting for Chris Brown

     After being nominated for 3 Grammys in 2011, Chris Brown is continuing his comeback with the upcoming duet single "Up" with Justin Bieber. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2alrG7yf8 .  I for one am rooting for Chris Brown Part Deux. Hear me out.
  
     The story goes that in Feb 2009, Rihanna ,while sitting in a car with her boyfriend Chris Brown, found inappropriate texts from his female manager/publicist. She tried to leave the car, he pulled her in, and continuously punched her. That is the storyline the mainstream media has fed us. So we are supposed to believe that an extremely emotional person who just saw explicit texts on her boyfriends phone did not initiate physical contact. Its nice and comforting to think that Chris Brown is this monster whom for the first time in his life, no criminal background, decided to beat the hell out of his about to be grammy performing girlfriend cause she saw some texts????!!!!!!! That in itself is insulting to my intelligence. First lets get a few things straight. I don't believe there is ANY situation where a man should hit a woman. I will shake the shit out of a chick or call the cops in a heartbeat. Me personally, my rights cannot be taken away by a woman who hits me. I'm just not that dumb to retaliate. Some people are primal though. Some people, retaliate in unforeseen ways when they are attacked. An instinct to defend themselves where they lose themselves and are justly punished for their actions. That is what happened to Chris Brown. So for a minute, let's use logic. crazy I know, but let's try. An emotional person feeling betrayed confronts the betrayer. It is extremely possible the emotional person, being a female, believes it is okay to hit her significant other. No real legal repercussions involved. Not believing this man would retaliate. She is famous after all. He doesn't have that think first quotient, he instinctively defends himself. A horrible act but a primal one. She is hesitant to go to the police, hesitant cause she knows she hit him first. So Mr Brown has no marks on his face. He was never hit. I guess every time a woman hits a man, a mark is left. It is comical to believe every time a woman hits a man it should leave a mark like a man's strike. Do not be that naive person. Not everything is black and white. Life brings a LOT of gray.

I believe in second chances. I believe it is about time this man, from the 804, has the chance to continue his career. I believe I have been slapped enough to know that a man's emotions, who just betrayed his girlfriend, will not run as hot as a woman scorned. I believe Chris Brown made a mistake of retaliating to being hit by Rihanna. I believe you too should root for a man whose career was taken away for far too long. Maybe just maybe the mainstream media got it right, but where's the logic?

I'm just sayin......

1 comment:

  1. i know this will start something completely different with you, but all i gotta say is michael vick. lol. jk, i think chris deserves a second chance too. but, if a guy ever touched me, he would be on the ground in seconds. either by me, or andrew of course. and maybe tim if hes around too hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete