Friday, February 25, 2011

A quick thought about blogs.....

     So I decided to peruse some other blogs. I quickly did this by clicking on the next blog link at the top of www.statinurcase.blogspot.com . The next TEN blogs took me to wallet sized pictures of someone's family. Every page was different. Every page had a different title, Matthew Family, The Burns, Me Patricia and Skip,....as the list goes on and on. BTW, who gives a fuck about Skip, the dog? THIS is pertinent info for the Internet. I am sooooo naive. Why people why?
     I had the misconception that blogs had some useful info. I thought people actually blogged about shit that they were either professionally great at or had a angle in how they brought the knowledge to people. And this led to followers and readers. But I am wrong. Blogs, for now, appear to be a family album. A testament that facebook doesn't have enough picture sharing capabilities for some people. The belief that people actually give a shit what a four year old looks like in mid swing at the park! Here's a fuckin clue. He's looks like I did the first time I did shrooms. Full of wonderment and completely spaced out!
     Surprise surprise! I actually write about shit that involves people that don't have your last name. Crazy, i know. Dammit, the level of peoples freakin intelligence just piss me off! The expectation that you start a web page for people to follow but you don't actually put anything relevant to them on there. Wow. I am glad I am not that schmuck. I pretend I can write interesting articles about sports, politics, and current events and my friends pretend to be interested. Awesome. But at least I try and at least I'm not regaling you with tales of their latest drool or why their poop is yellow.

I'm Just Sayin

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. m gonna comment cause I feel I need to defend myself.

    The purpose of my blog is that I DO care about the lives of others. I care that people should be educated on real shit. I am very opinionated but also informative and if the info is the only thing taken from it then great. So I am trying to educate people and if they read my blog on a daily basis, then that WILL happen. BUT these people who "care about the lives of others" only care about the viewpoints of immediate family. great for them if thats the only goal they have for their blog. while their blogs may be cuddly and nice, i do feel my blog can and will serve a much higher purpose. And you're right, its not the Washington Post. Im untrained and raw but AT LEAST i care enough to try and start a thought provoking dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People write to free their own minds. Unfortunately most blogs are very...and I do mean very, insufficient as to gaining any type of worldly knowledge. Ashby writes what others want to but won't. For this I think he is brave. I write to free my mind of the aggervation due to stupidity that I experience thur either first had experience or watching others. My ramblings have no point. As you can see, there are a wide variety of blogs, and I do believe Ashby was expressing the viewpoints of his. Freedom of speech my friend, is a delicious part of being an American. So chill out and don't take it so personally. :-)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete